- 10:51 Text Rob to see if he’s still available to be house drummer that evening
- 12:03 Rob texts that he’s preparing for a baby shower and wants to switch with someone
- 12:04 Post a cry for help on Facebook
- 12:05 Tony Cafiero says I can borrow his shaker eggs
- 12:12 I can’t wait any longer, and I can’t do anything else until this is resolved.
- 12:12 I resort to sending emails begging Pete or Joe to please switch months with Rob.
- 12:36 Pete writes that he can. “7:00?”
- 12:44 Joe says he can’t
- 12:45 Me to Pete “Yes! Excellent! 7:00!”
- 12:46 I breathe a sigh of relief and go about my day.
- 6:40 I get to the CT in time to greet three acts who are already there waiting to sign up.
- 7:00 More people are arriving and signing up. “You got a drum kit?” “It’s on it’s way!”
- 7:10 No sign of Pete.
- 7:11 The house is getting VERY FULL!
- 7:12 That’s weird. Pete is an on-time kinda guy.
- 7:13 I start wringing my hands.
- 7:15 Pete walks in all bright-eyed and says, “You got any sticks?”
- 7:15 Me: Hmmm… well… hey! Mark Cascio! You got some sticks Pete can use? Mark: “Yep!”
- 7:15 Me to Pete: You need help unloading your car?
- 7:15 Pete: What?! I thought you were bringing your kit.
- 7:15 OOHHHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!!
- 7:15 Pete: I’ll go back and get mine.
- 7:15 Me: Where is your house?
- 7:15 P: Branford.
- 7:15 Me: NO!!! GET IN MY CAR RIGHT NOW AND HELP ME GET MY KIT!!!!
- 7:16 Attain warp speeds up Long Hill Road to my house
- 7:23 Arrive at my house and throw entire kit in tact in PT Cruiser
- 7:25 Attain warp speeds down Long Hill Road back to the CT
- 7:26 Everyone descends on the Cruiser
- 7:32 Drum kit set up
- 7:33 Breathe a sigh of relief
- 7:34 Sling on the guitar, slip behind the drum kit
7:35 Play opening tune like everything is running just fine, thank you.
[et_pb_section][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image” src=”http://www.sandyconnolly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/YardFog-5752.jpg” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” animation=”left” sticky=”off” align=”left” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” /][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]
The weather matched my mood for today, so it was particularly gratifying to take a few photos around my yard. I love fog as a backdrop.